Monday 5 October 2009

HORRIE.COM

Sometimes life is not worth all the fuss,that is associated with it.But some things are worth the fuss associated with them.As i strayed on the net for a moment,i came across the revered Horrie site and the time spent on it was great whilst it lasted, to say the least.

The site is so customised to such an extend that,you are tempted to believe that it's a marketing or business site.The massive New York city boulevards and the landmark towering office and residential buildings give the site such a cosmetic background.This is what i would boldly refer to as,the Horrie show,nevermind that i later renamed it the Horror show,after failing to get any links to Horrie's favourite blogs.

The site is unequivocally infested with the author's professional background and left me wondering why the queen has not yet found the audacity to knight him - Sir Horrie to be precise.Essentially the man's cv is true testimony that he is no gatecrasher or novice to the career path we have all chosen.

However,i would probably have preferred to see links with snippets of the author's books.

All in all the site is something worth a visit.

2 comments:

Chris Horrie said...

Funnily enough I don't own the copyright to my own books, so I can't publish them myself on my blog, except within the laws of copyright. It is a good example in Hegelian terms of alienation. I plan to do a bit of work on improving the the horrie.com site when I get a minute. It is created using a system called flash. There is a slot in the new version of the course now (last semester, year three) when we can make website like this with video, flash, intetractivity.

You are right in saying that the site is essentially a marketing site. I set it up like that to help the sales of my latest book and also some other projects I am doing with Channel Four online. Are you saying it looks too crudely like advertising... that's intersting and useful feedback. I maybe need to tone it down a bit. I need to sell lots of copies of my books to continue with Winchester which costs me a fortune in travel and lost contracts.

I am not very interested in a knighthood, but I would very much liketo have (and believe I deserve) the Order of Mapungubwe, Bronze for me, Silver for you, Gold for Don Hendy.

Chris Horrie said...

But I don't think I will get a Mapungubwe, since I killed Nelson Mandela - if only in News City. So that will have blown it I expect.